SOMA Foundation Grant Program - Application Information
Steps to Grant Approval
- Brainstorm ideas. Remember, the idea here is to focus on projects relating to mental health and substance abuse by medical professionals, residents, and students.
- Research the plan. This includes investigating the logistics and writing down EXACT COSTS for anything you plan to buy. The Foundation wants to know the specifics before they approve your grant. Remember, you can only apply one time during your academic year for a maximum of $500.
- Fill out an Initial Grant Request (IGR) form and e-mail it to the Director of Scholarships and Grants (email@example.com). This is what he or she will use to organize your formal grant proposal. Be as detailed as possible. The more information you include, the greater the likelihood of your grant being reviewed favorably.
- Wait for your grant to be reviewed. This is typically the most frustrating part as it can sometimes take a month before the proposal is formally reviewed. Be patient.
- Once your grant has been approved, you will be notified via email. You will not receive funds until after you have submitted the Reimbursement Form, including receipts, and your expenditures have been verified. Once the form has been submitted, you should receive your check within 10-14 days.
- Enjoy your program. Once your program is complete, complete the Project Summary Form. Please email the form and pictures of your event to the Director of Scholarships and Grants (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will help to ensure the future of the SOMA Foundation grant program while displaying your hard work.